Monday, January 22, 2007

Turning Corners

Ah... Monday morning. It is 53 here in Baton Rouge and rainy/overcast, which has pretty much been the state of the weather for the last 2 weeks. I can't stand this weather. I like the really cold with snow, or 70 F plus. I am not a big believer in the idea of most "New Age" disorders... ADD, ADHD, blah blah.... but I am a believer in Seasonal Affective Disorder- or the idea that certain times of year lead to more depression than others. I mean... after all... who wants to stay inside ALL the time and not see the Sun? Anyway...

Every now and then I get into a series of patterns in life that I want to change. "Turning a Corner" I guess I would call it. It's like I refuse to grow-up... I postpone it as long as possible until God insists and then it very difficult for a time. It is a lot like procrastinating on papers or projects in school. It always happens at arbitrary times... you see, I never feel compelled to make New Year's Resolutions... but by the 3rd week of January or the 2nd week of March, or the middle of August it usually hits me- I need to workout more... I need to read the Bible more... I need to eat better... I need to put more money away, etc. Well, this is one of those times. If anyone feels the need to join me on my mid-January resolutions, feel free. Don't let that Seasonal Affective Disorder get you down.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home