Thursday, January 18, 2007

News, etc. - January


A blog of random topics is still a blog, right? So I haven't blogged much lately, but hopefully I will address this wrong and right it. A few things of note:

1- Miss USA went to rehab

If this is not the ultimate irony and a good commentary about the state of the US at the same time. Tremendous. The one person- the one woman- that is supposed to embody the beauty and sophistication of our country- MISS USA (don't care if there is a Miss America), is being REHABILITATED. And Donald Trump was the decision maker. There's so much humor there, where do I start?

2- The Weather is weird

Hopefully we are entering an Ice Age. If nothing else just to throw off everyone who believes in Global Warming. In the meantime, kids across the South are rejoicing in missing school over icy roads. So great. I do miss the Sun though.

3- Rice Cookers are great

I got the greatest rice cooker ever for Christmas and use it pretty much daily. If you have never invested in a quality pressure cooker for rice, do so now.

4- The Saints are my team

I have officially decided several months ago that I am definitely a Saints fan now instead of a Texans fan. Here's why:

-I live in Baton Rouge, and they don't show Texans games
-Post-Katrina, new America's team... blah blah... feel good
-DRAFTED REGGIE BUSH
-Best offense in the NFL... andTim loves offensive football

5- Pete Yorn- Nightcrawler

-Great CD. Upbeat, downbeat, creative. Go buy it. Had to get a musical shout-out in. Have a good Thursday.

1 Comments:

At 1/18/2007 12:33:00 PM, Blogger Mark said...

Sorry... but the Saints are gonna lose this weekend...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home