Monday, December 04, 2006

What Makes Me?

WARNING: This post may make Liberals, Non-Christians, and many other people uncomfortable. In other words... just don't read it if you don't think the Holy Spirit is real.

I, andTim, am a good giver of advice. I am just wise, what can I say? The problem I have is that I rarely use my wisdom in my own life. I guess I just have a masochistic streak when it comes to personal decision-making. (I am getting better though) This to say...

If I am created in God's image, my goal is to be as much like Christ as possible, and I can do nothing good without God... where am I? When I talk about the good advice/wisdom stuff, I say that in the sense that I am just an empty vessel that God speaks through via the Holy Spirit. I dunno. I have just felt that alot lately. And considering one of my biggest struggles is arrogance, giving God the credit for anything positive about myself is a great way to maintain humility.

It's also just true. God is good. I am not. I am a sinner. The only thing "good" about me is the presence of God via the Holy Spirit in my life. But wait a minute... God created me and it says in Genesis that all he created he saw as good. But this statement was prior to the fall of Man!

It's just a confusing thing... do I exist apart from God? How are Non-Christians capable of good acts if they don't have the Holy Spirit? I definitely have a distinct character and unique personality traits, but what comprises those things so that they have any potency next to the effect of the Holy Spirit (or Satan) in my life? Anyway.....

Just thoughts. Feel free to express an opinion. Have a happy week.

2 Comments:

At 12/07/2006 12:40:00 AM, Blogger Hollis Miles said...

too deep for me right now, but I'll give a general thumbs up on the topic.

 
At 12/14/2006 10:40:00 AM, Blogger Mark said...

write something you slackers....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home