Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Pen Names, etc.

Pseudonyms are good. Nice to know that Mike is now considering something that I, andTim, have had for awhile. My pen name is Randall Stevens. If you know where this comes from, you may be entitled to a small prize.

In light of the current gas pump price rape, I feel righteously prescient in my purchase of a small Mazda a couple of years ago. At the time, I felt the scorn and mockery of my peers who invested in large V-8 trucks and SUV's, but it is clear they are now envious of my 130 hp, 32 mpg wonder. Yes, it takes me 9 seconds to get to 60, but at $2.50+ per gallon, I see myself as something of a modern Nostradamus.

In a confession of regression, I have reacquainted myself with hotornot.com. I know this is a sad development, but I have almost given up on the traditional means of meeting girls. I went out Friday night to a bar/club with some friends and ran into a girl I knew from college there. She is cool and we were having fun, and I met one of her friends, who also went to A&M. This girl and I are having good conversation and generally enjoying one another's company, and we end up leaving the bar/club at the same time. I ask her for her number- which she gives me. I call her two days later, and leave a voicemail asking her out to dinner this Thursday. And? No response. Thanks. You might as well just tell me up front, "You know, I'm not going to give you my number, because I don't want to go out with you." That's fair right? Maybe I speak with a tone that hurts her ears, my nose is too big, I'm too short, I dance too violently... whatever. The outright rejection would be preferred. Thanks. Until next time...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home