Monday, July 18, 2005

The Weekend

So this weekend was my Grandma's 80th birthday. Good times everywhere, as we were in New Braunfels which lends itself to general good times. The only annoying aspect of being around family is that you are not a recognized adult. Most of the time being seen as a kid is not a big deal to me, except around family where my maximum recognized age might be 15. (People are sometimes fearful to have me move their car, etc.) I am 26. I have been driving for 10 years. I have graduated from college. I have lived overseas. I live on my own and support myself. How am I still 15 to these people? Do I have to get married and start cranking out chillins for me to gain adult status? What if I buy a house? Ridiculous. Otherwise, there are few things more fun than spending a day throwing frisbees, playing cards, eating fajitas, and wakeboarding. Great day Saturday. 80... seems like a long ways off. I am only 1/3 of the way there. That is crazy. Methusaleh... 969 when he died. I wonder if he treated his 340 year old great-great-great-great-great-great grandchildren as if they were a mere 220? Things to ask God.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home