Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Home Recording and Buyer's Guilt


Well, yesterday I plopped down some cash for some home recording studio equipment. I have been thinking about doing this for some time, but had yet to muster up the courage.

Items purchased:

Lexicon Lambda Interface- (pictured, lets you plug a guitar/microphone/keyboard in, and then run USB into your computer.

Shure SM58 Microphone- probably the most widely use performance mic ever.

Mic Cable/Mic Stand/New Guitar Strings- necessary for proper set-up.

I hooked up the equipment last night and was able to knock out a pretty good acoustic version of the song "Plush" by the end of the evening.

The problem? Buyer's guilt.

I don't really have buyer's remorse.. I like the stuff I bought and I didn't spend too much for it. However, it was largely unnecessary and was more purchased because I can't seem to let my rock star aspirations go. While the equipment may provide for some amusing mikeandtim original songs, it likely will not yield a record contract. So is it worth it? I don't know. The equipment may or may not be returned, it will depend on my guilt v platinum potential. We'll see....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home